The Resume Writer is responsible for creating pieces of content for a career-focused website. Writing projects and tasks include, but are not limited to resume and cover letter examples and other long-form resources for job seekers. Other duties may also include writing website copy and SEO-focused content updates to published pages.
Homefield.com is located in Seattle, WA; this is a remote position.
- Write quality, user-focused content that features industry best practices and translates complex topics into clear, concise language.
- Meet deadlines for weekly projects — both writing and other one-off content tasks as assigned.
- Utilize SEO keywords for on-page content strategy that serves the user and helps improve rankings.
- Use subject matter expertise to identify content gaps and on-page content strategy of the website.
- Obsessed with providing the highest quality content to readers
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically
- Deadline oriented with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communicator (both verbal and written)
- Strong decision maker and problem solver
- Adaptable to changing priorities
- 3+ years resume writing experience; certification preferred.
- 5+ years of writing, journalism, or digital marketing background.
- Strong command of the English language
- Basic SEO knowledge
- Experience with WordPress and basic HTML
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
Compensation: Competitive market salary based on experience with medical/dental/vision benefits, 401k, and unlimited PTO.
Send resume to contact (at) homefield (dot) com.