We’re looking for an experienced, self-motivated, and results-oriented Director of Product to grow and scale our organic traffic and provide SEO leadership across our portfolio of Health publisher sites. You will be responsible for driving the roadmap, strategy, and execution of all content and product initiatives – this includes providing the best-in-class EAT signals and user experience in the online health space. You’ll lead cross-functional teams of Marketing, Design, Editorial, and Engineering to deliver significant growth while still focusing on quality and user experience. The ideal candidate has deep knowledge of SEO best practices, demonstrated SEO success in a web business, and the ability to juggle big picture thinking and tactical execution.
- Responsible for
- Ensure each page published provides a best-in-class user experience.
- Ensuring our products present clear stories and value propositions that are attractive to customers and attractive to potential linking audiences.
- Work with design teams to build attractive and user-friendly designs.
- Work with tech team to build new sites and implement SEO best practices.
- Work with tech team and design team to update existing sites and implement SEO best practices.
- Develop specs and complete spec rubrics for all pages that aren’t promoted.
- Complete specs and spec rubrics for all pages that will be promoted, after consulting with the content marketing team.
- Ensure freelance and content writing services meet specs and quality guidelines
- Maintain content quality through managing regular page updates
- Manage content uploading team to meet product and marketing calendars
- Plan and commission data collection needed to launch new site features
- Ensure content is attractive and high-quality enough for intended marketing audiences
- Ensure every health site gives strong E-A-T signals at a page and site level that is benchmarked against the best out there.
- Recruit subject matter experts and contributors to write content
- Recruit experts to review and fact check content
- Rankings SERPs (collectively with marketing team)
- Commercial Traffic Growth
- User metrics
- Output vs. Calendar (fresh & refresh)
- Cost vs Budget
- Do we have products we’re proud of?
- Do we have the best content & UX vs our competitors?
- Do we have the best E-A-T presentation vs our competitors?
- Marketing team satisfaction w/ linkability (most linkable pages vs. competitors)
- Advanced SEO knowledge
- Strong background in content writing and production
- UX/UI experience
- Experience producing health content
- Experience with WordPress
- Advanced user of Google analytics, Search console, ScreamingFrog, SEMrush, Ahrefs
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail
- Team leader
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong decision making
- Goal oriented
- Strong problem solving